CONDITIONS FOR THE TEMPORARY REMOVAL OF MAIN GATE ARCH FOR DELIVERY OF MANUFACTURED AND/OR MODULAR HOMES AND, REPAIR OF ANY ROAD DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR.
Revised Feb. 21, 2009
PURPOSE OF CONDITIONS: To establish a set procedure for the temporary removal of the Main Gate Arch to facilitate the delivery of manufactured and/or modular homes and to repair any consequent road damage that may occur behind RDR gate and within the boundaries of SLO County Running Deer Ranch Company, Inc. This procedure was originally established at the August 31, 2002, Running Deer Ranch Board of Directors Meeting.
GATE SPECIFICATIONS: The Arch measures in height; 17’7″ on the left side, the middle 18.2′ and the right side is 16′. The gate opening is 17ft 9 inches wide measured from magnet to gate spike.
1. The SLO County Running Deer Ranch Board of Directors shall be notified of any and all deliveries that will require the removal, or partial removal, and replacement of the Arch at the Running Deer Ranch (RDR) Main Gate and or transportation over roads behind the gate.
2. A cashier’s check for $10,000, made payable to the SLO County Running Deer Ranch Company, Inc., must be presented to the Board of Directors prior to any removal of the Gate Arch or the transportation of any manufactured and/or modular home behind the RDR gate. These funds are solely for the purpose of repairing any damages to the gate arch and/or roads and drives, within the boundaries of SLO County Running Deer Ranch Company, Inc., if such should occur while the arch is being removed or set back into place and/or while the manufactured and/or modular home is traversing roads behind Running Deer Gate. If no damages occur, the full amount of $10,000 shall be returned within thirty (30) days of the arch replacement to the owner of the manufactured and/or modular home. If cost of repair to the arch, gate or road does not exceed $10,000, the balance of the $10,000 less the repair cost shall be returned to the owner of the manufactured or modular home.
Alternately, a valid certification of liability insurance listing SLO Running Deer Ranch Company, Inc. as a co-insured will be accepted in lieu of a cashier’s check.
3. Two weeks prior to delivery, Notification of Delivery of the manufactured and/or modular home is to be posted on the RDR bulletin board at the main gate entrance.
4. While the delivery is in transit, signs will be placed at the main gate and at the intersections of Running Deer Road and Gage Irving Road advising vehicles to use Gage Irving Road and the “emergency exit” at the appropriate time; reasonable traffic control will also be provided.
5. CDF will be notified of the delivery one week in advance so they may take the delivery into consideration should it be necessary for them to traverse the roads.
6. Payment of $25 per hour will be paid to one observer representing RDR while the arch is being removed and replaced and while the delivery is traversing the Roads. This individual will be appointed by the RDR Board of Directors and will be responsible for taking “before” and “after” photos of the Gate Arch and road damage.
7. Contacts for notification are:
RDR – Nancy Brownell, 805-928-2031
SNRA – Celia Shockey, 310-542-8622